Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The End and the Beginning

Yesterday,

I pulled up most of the garden yesterday.  It had to be done.  I had a lot of green tomatoes, which I gave to my neighbor.  His woman likes fried green tomatoes.  All that's left is a few things here and there.  I did see a couple onions starting for some reason.  I thought they were all dead!

I have a pile of dead plants in the corner of the property.  I haven't decided what to do with them.  Some of them are slightly diseased.  Most are healthy, though.  I could chop them up and throw them in the compost bin. 

Last week, I got an email from Nature's Crossroads saying that they were have a sale on all their seeds, which are all USDA organic.  50% off!  (Most of these seeds are adapted to Indiana's weather.)  So I got some.  I really haven't totally planned the garden yet, but now I have plenty to play with now.  Hey, if I don't use them, maybe my Sister and my Dad can.

So here is what I got!

Chanteney Red Carrot
Purple Plum Radishes
Snowball Cauliflower
Walthum Butternut Squash
Sugar Baby Watermelons
California Wonder Bell Peppers
Jalapenos
Red Scotch Bonnets
Aji Limon Peppers
Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce
Purple Orach Greens
Freckles Lettuce
Red Winter Kale
Red Brandywine Tomatoes
Green Zebra Tomatoes
Tomatillos
Tendergreen Green Beans, bush
Kentucky Wonder Green Beans, pole
Garlic

And I got Miss 38th Street some flowers, too:
Pacific Beauty Calendulas
Bee Balm (Monarda)
Bachelors Buttons
Aunt Honey's Black-eyed Susans
Columbines (native wildflowers)

So the garden has some options.  I'm already dreaming of the garden.  But I have a lot to do before I'm ready for that.  I have some winter projects you'll have to see.  It's going to cool!  Well, I think they're cool.

And I know what you've been saying, "Why doesn't Rafael have a gardening hat?"  I know, right.  Well, problem solved!
I think I need to get darker to wear this hat.  I'm a little too lite and not enough Mexi.

1 comment:

  1. Love the hat and peppers! Can't wait to see what your garden looks like next year. Are you planning on updating your blog during the "dreaming" season?

    ReplyDelete