Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thanks for the Info!

I wanted to thank my Aunt Konnie and my friend Marti for some great advice this weekend.  As I noted earlier in my blog, I planted a couple trumpet vines and hung a lattice on the side of the house for the vines to grow up.  I thought it would look nice, with a little maintenance. 

When I was at my parent's house for Easter, I spoke with my Aunt Konnie about my garden and landscaping.  She told me I shouldn't put vines on the house because I have aluminum siding.  The vines will get underneath the siding and pull it off the house!  Wow!

Then, my friend Marti wrote on this blog about the invasive trumpet vine.  The quote was "Oh no.. Trumpet vine is the scourge of the earth!"  If that isn't an ominous quote, I don't know what is. She was telling me horror stories about her trumpet vine, although nice looking horror stories. 

So with all that said, I transplanted the trumpet vines from the side of the house to the back alley.  Our back alley is pretty ugly and has a tall chain link fence.  So I planted the vines on the fence.  Now we still get to see the vines and it pretties up the alley a bit. 

I am so glad I started this blog.  It's these helpful tips and advice that are making my gardening experience that much more successful.  Thank you, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment