Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Almost Done!

Miss 38th Street and I got a lot done on the property yesterday.  Miss 38th Street, with dirt on her pretty face, got her flower boxes planted (looking good, Babe!).  Three 2ft boxes, one 2ft rectangle, one circle, plus we spread foxglove, daisies and cosmos on the west side of the garden.  I can't wait to see how big the foxglove gets.

In the garden we planted the rest of the seeds.  We planted carrots, baby romaine (I had seedlings started but all ten plants got faded yellow leaves with black/gray spots then died), and green beans.  We also bought the rest of the transplants and some more flowers.  I bought one more strawberry plant to go with the other two that came back this year.  I got that in the ground.  I also put the garlic I got at the plant auction in the ground.  It wasn't looking too good, though.  I waited too long.  I put some peppermint in the ground west of the garden, as well. 

We are planting the rest later this week.  We were getting a little tired and it was getting dark.  So we'll get in the dirt and get this place looking good!

1 comment: