Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garden Envy?

I think I have a little garden envy. 

This is a complement to Rochelle and Brian.  A couple days ago, I stopped by to visit my sister for a bit.  Brian and Rochelle showed me how their garden was progressing.  I was impressed.  Their lettuce was abundant and healthy.  The squash was everywhere.  Tomatoes were big and flowering.  The chard was looking great, too.  And to my amazement, the peppers and cucumbers I gave them were twice the size of mine!  And I put mine in the ground before theirs!!!  Wow.  They have their garden working! 

So, today I went to Habig's Garden Center to get some organic fertilizer.  I got a few different kinds to cater to my different veggies.  We got a good rain today, which my garden needed.  Then everything got a good dose of fertilizer.  This should do them good till next month.  I hope this gives everything a boost.  I did leave the green beans along.  They're doing great. 

Also, when I stopped by Habig's, they had some peppers and tomatoes left that were doing great and were on sale.  So I might have to go buy a few more pots and add to my veggie pot collection.  I'm sure Miss 38th Street will be thrilled.  I'll report later.

We did put Miss 38th Street's upside down flower pot on the hanger a few days ago.  It looks good.  See?

No comments:

Post a Comment