Sunday, March 4, 2012

And We're Off!

Happy Sunday Afternoon!


Today is the day to get some seeds started.  So I got my area finished off and ready to grow.  Did you like that?  Ready to grow?  Bueller? Bueller? Ok then.


I got the northeast corner of the basement finished.  This is where I have all the lights on pulleys above the 6ft table.  I closed off this area with a tarp and a towel.  It's not a perfect set-up, but it'll work for now.  I have a space heater down there.  I hope to get that corner's temp up in the 70's.  I this heater on a timer and a set temp.  I'm not sure if the corner will get that hot.  I'll let you know.

I have two 22"x11" seed trays started.  They aren't totally full.  I have the following:

Roma Tomatoes
Red Brandywine Tomatoes
Green Zebra Tomatoes
Black Krim Tomatoes
Tomatillos
California Wonder Bell Peppers
Scotch Bonnet Peppers, Red
Aji Limon Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers

Plus some left over seeds from last year that didn't germinate that well last year:
Scotch Bonnet Peppers, Orange
Thai Sun Chilis
Anaheim Chilis
Long, Red, Slim Chilis
Pakistan Chunky Chilis

What I'm really concerned about is the temperature of the basement corner.  I could get some heat pads, but they aren't cheap.  I'll have to monitor this for the next few days.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment