Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Seedling Environment Updated!

Hey,

I made some stops at some local Hydroponics shops (it's not what you think, but I thought the same thing) and picked up two 10"x20" seedling heat mats.  Two different brands.  This is one of them:
Very nice.

So the section of the basement I have semi-closed off is not staying warm enough.  I have a space heater in there, which is only on from when I get home, till I go to bed.  This section of the basement I'm using is about 8ft tall x 10ft wide x 6ft deep.  These heat mats should help quite a bit.  I'll take some picture of the set up.  Right now, I have to admit, my set is too big for what I'm doing.  But, you never know!  I know will I have more down there in a few weeks, like sugar baby watermelons and cucumbers.

I do have to mention, The Maximum Grow Gardening Shop had a pretty cool set up.  I spoke to one of the guys working there and he gave me some info about hydroponics classes.  I got some free hydroponics handouts, as well as some free magazines and catalogs.  I think I'll have to check these free classes out!
They are on 6117 E. Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46219, Phone# 317-359-GROW.

Go Pacers!

No comments:

Post a Comment