Sunday, July 17, 2011

Indiana Organic Gardener's Association Meeting - July

Hey All,

Miss 38th Street and I attended the July meeting of the Indiana Organic Gardener's Association.  It was at Traders Point Creamery, an organic dairy farm northeast of Indy.  They had a pitch in lunch, which did not pitch in.  We were a little to busy with puppy sitting her parents new 7 week old Boston Terrier Puppy.   Which she is awesome.  Her name is Button.  Anyway, it was informative and enlightening.  I got to share my tomato problems with older, wiser gardeners, but no one had a good answer for at that time.  The problem is that I have tomato plants with lots of flowers, but they soon seem to dry out, turn brown and die.  No tomatoes.  I have heard it could be the warm weather, or a mineral deficiency.  I don't know. All I know is that I don't like it.  Any advice would be appreciated.

If you would like to learn anything about Trader's Point Creamery, then check out their link.  It seems they are good people with good ideas.  I would have done what they have done, if I inherited a dairy farm, like they did.  I really want to support any operation or individual who tries to keep it real.  I hope you try, too.

2 comments:

  1. Do u havr rot? If its in ur soil when it rains it splashes onto plants. The remedy is 2 put down straw 2 stop splashing. Good luck, plant nerd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. The plants look good. It's just the flowers. I'm not getting many tomatoes. It's weird.

    ReplyDelete