Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last Weekend of April

Last weekend of April and I did a little yard work.

Miss 38th Street and I had an Engagement Party last night and we were a little...  slow, today.  That said, I tackled the rain barrel installation.  Miss 38th Street's parents got us a rain barrel, which is very cool.  We painted it the same color as the house and I finally got the diverter in the mail.  I got it installed, except the adaptor that connects the tube to the barrel.  The kit didn't have one!
So I have to go pick one up somewhere.  joy.  I tore out a bush that was at the front corner of the house.  It was nice, but we were just tired of it.  It was a Crimson Pygmy Barberry.  The bush was replaced by the Light Pink Peonies that we got at the plant auction.
I also planted a Pink Hyacinth that I bought Miss 38th Street last week as well as the two Asiatic Lilies we picked up at the plant auction, too.  Very nice.
We picked some of the Purple Plum Radishes today!  First harvest from garden!  I'm having a salad tomorrow.  Look at these radish plants in the garden!  They are huge!  They tasted good, as well.

 And the Garlic is looking fantastic!


If all goes well, I'll have some tomatoes and peppers in the garden by wednesday.  I'm hardening off the plants now.  YES!

And now I'm going to bed.  and probably play Bejeweled for about five or so minutes before my farting dog jumps on the bed and smokes me out the house.  Man, he is not smelling good today.

Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment