Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Busy Weekend at the 38th St. Homestead.

Hey,

Sorry for the long delay, but I work too much.  So here's what I've got going on!

I'm having mixed results with the seedlings.  Alot have died!  It's heart breaking, to be honest.  I'm doing something wrong, or several things wrong.  I'll have to study.  But this is a picture of "The Blue."  This is the entrance to the seed area.  I hope to start some cucumbers and melons this week.
I did some chores for Ms 38th Street.  I planted her four azalea bushes in the back of the house.  I had to scooch my compost box over.

I had to move the Solomon Seals up so I could put the azaleas in that back row.  I grouped them together.  Very nice.
By the way, the little white fence is up because of a certain Boston Terrier likes to tear ass through the landscaping and kill plants:

MIMI.

I did a little landscaping.  We bought some edgers for the front yard.  It looks sooooo much better!  Ms 38th Street installed the edgers around the tree and I did the section in front of the porch.  I put four coral bells in between the unknown green bushes.  I do like the blue dog bone in there.  Nice touch.  Actually, there is one by the tree, as well.


Hey! Check out those radishes!  I thinned them out a couple days ago.  The spinach and lettuces are up and are doing well, which makes us happy.

I completed three more flower boxes for Ms 38th Street on the south side of the house.  I only had one bag of garden soil, so back to the store!
The blueberries are doing good.  I see flowers!  I don't know if I'll get berries this year, but let's hope!
So, after all this, I'm tired.  The water was brown in the shower as I cleaned up.  Pretty awesome. If anyone had some advice on seedlings, please tell me.  Like a reference book or a "How to" book.  I am not doing it right, that's all I know.  I need help, people.  I have killed so many things.  I can start the seedlings just fine.  After I transplant them to some potting soil, some really don't like it.  The tomatoes are not doing well.  I have lost 2/3 of them.  SOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment