Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Update with 38th St Gardener

Hello Again,

I wanted to let you know that my seedlings have stabilized and are doing better.  I have made a hand full of actions that have helped.  Most of which I mentioned in the last entry.    Here's the scene in "The Blue."

These two flats are the surviving tomatoes and peppers, with a few herbs mixed in the spots that opened up.
 Here's the whole family!

The do have a new problem though.  I now have yellow mold on top of the soil on half of the flats.  Joy.  I don't know how to combat that.  I put the seed flats outside in a mostly shaded part of the back porch before I left for work.  They have been getting more and more outdoor time lately.  Probably not a lot the next two days, though.  We have a freeze warning for the next two nights!  Those of you in the Indy area, be warned!

I have a nice picture of Miss 38th St's Solomon's Seals, which I got last year from the Indiana Organic Gardeners Association's Plant Auction.  It's coming up on April 21st at the Zionsville Library!  You should come check it out!  We'll be there.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment