Friday, March 11, 2011

Seed Update!

Ok,

So as I mentioned last time, the seeds are not germinating.  So, I put a heat pad under the seed tray.  Now the seed tray has 32 squares.  It has water under the squares, in which this contraption keeps the seeds moist.  AND it was a sunny day today, which created some condensation on the seed square covers.  That's hot.

Now I made a grow light stand, with help from Dad.  I have one grow light above the seeds now, and I have to get ONE more light to complete this.  I will have two light fixtures above the seed tray, when I'm finished.  One has a light temperature of around 2800K.  The other is going to be around 6500K.  That will get a good spectrum for the little guys, I hope.  I'm going to look for the other lamp tomorrow after work. 



If this doesn't work, I'm going to get another seed tray contraption.  Preferably the one I had last year.  That one worked!  Ok seed try, you better work or you are going the way of LaTroy Hawkins.  You Cubs fans know what I'm talkin bout!  That guy SUCKED!

1 comment:

  1. 38th Street Gardener,
    Hey, I just looked at your set-up for your seeds. I have a suggestion. Always keep your light only a couple of inches above your seeds. You adjust it as they grow. It makes a huge difference in germination time. Also, remember peppers take longer than most other veggies to germinate. Be patient. When you have just about given up on them, they'll surprise you! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete